Shrine Mont Weekend Wrap Up
September 23, 2021: Ahhhh, Shrine Mont! We had another wonderful and well-attended weekend at our annual St. Michael’s parish retreat. This year, our focus was on references to nature, and especially, birds of the Bible. A few highlights:
- The Reverend Canon Rosemari Sullivan shared examples of how birds are used as a symbol of the trinity, hope, reconciliation and sometimes, foreboding. That was followed by some practical tips and tools on birding.
- The youth made some pretty awesome bird sculptures, illuminated from within, providing a glowing bird parade around the bonfire.
- Noel led the youth and the youthful at heart in a lively session of music and movement.
- An outdoor happy hour on the porch of Stribling Cottage provided the perfect setting for a spirited discussion about imagining the future of St. Michael’s.
- While gazing at the night sky, many of us were blessed with the vision of a very bright and slow moving shooting star that dipped down behind the mountain.
- Many intrepid hikers found their way up North Mountain, to the Cross, to Seven Springs, around the Bradford Trail loop, through the Labyrinth, and up and down the hill to the dining hall.
Mark your calendars now for Shrine Mont 2022, September 16–18!